Daily time spent with tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter trickyrich
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

trickyrich

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
238
Reaction score
102
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every morning I spend about 20 min on my tank feeding fish , spot feeding corals , toping off auto top off and cleaning any filters that may need cleaning and checking overall look of tank and fish . then another once over when I get home with about 20 min of just admiring so like 40 min a day not including days were I do water changes or replacing media or fragging or freaking out because something looks off lol
cf55ef6ba6d94b6a56182f908e20b5e1.jpg
 
Great looking tank.
 
I GOT A SMALL POCKET CALENDAR LAST YEAR,THAT HAS HELPED ME,LIKE WHEN I PUT NEW BULBS IN OR CHANGE A&B KINDS ,HOW MUCH MORE WATER I ADD IN THE
WINTER THAN THE SUMER(WEIRD RIGHT) SALINITY, TEMP, ETC. I DO THIS EVERYDAY IT HAS HELPED ME. I SPEND ABOUT THE SAME TIME AS YOU BUT WEDNESDAY AND
SUNDAY IS MY BIG MAINTENANCE DAY. LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE A BOWFRONT I HAVE ALLWAYS LIKED THOSES. YOUR FISH LOOK VERY HEALTHY, WHAT DO YOU FEED THEM.
HAVE A GREAT REEF DAY TRICKYRICH.
 
I feed dry nori from the grocery store and a blend of brine shrimp, mussel's white fish fillets, food flakes, large shrimp , oysters squid and anything I get as a tester from reef swaps I dump in the blender I make one blender full at a time and freeze it . it will last about 4 months I also feed some brine shrimp that are not blended in the mix every other day . this food really helps the corals crow as well but my favorite corals I spot feed the juice from this mix and a little reef roid powder
 
Probably 15-20 mins in the morning. Overall check and a small feeding.
Then about 15-20 before I leave about 4pm same things.
Then atleast 45-60 everynight lil stronger feeding and once over. And a red light inspection about an hour after lights out. Which can sometimes turn into 90-120 mins staring at bugs and worms in my dsb fuge.
Roughly I would say atleast 90-120mins on an average day.
That does not count research and forum time all day long. I am so addicted. My wife hates it. Always have reefing on mind. ♡
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new