Dallas/Fort Worth, TX recommendations- weekend trip

  • Thread starter Thread starter TatorTaco
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TatorTaco

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2017
Messages
401
Reaction score
145
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm considering a solo weekend trip to visit some local shops and plan to split it between Saturday and Sunday. Does this seem doable?

I'll be driving west from Arkansas with the following stops in mind:

  1. The Coral Station - Addison, TX: Open Saturday from 11 AM to 5 PM.
  2. Dallas North Aquarium - Carrollton, TX: Open Saturday 10 AM - 7 PM or Sunday 12 PM - 6 PM.
  3. Absolute Salinity - Fort Worth, TX: Open Saturday 12 PM - 7 PM or Sunday 12 PM - 7 PM.
  4. Coral Vault - Fort Worth, TX: Open Saturday 1 PM - 8 PM and Sunday 1 PM - 5 PM.
Or, should I save the $250 I'd spend on gas, food, and a hotel and just buy online? There aren’t many good options in central Arkansas, so I was hoping this trip would give me a chance to see some of these corals in person instead of relying solely on online images.

Any private sellers I might want to check out? Mostly looking for LPS and encrusting SPS.

1726142840320.png
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new