Dallas Green Silmer Growth

kryz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i believe this is a dallas or green slimer acro. Correct me if im wrong. I was wondering if there is a way to encourage this to grow in a more "branched out" way instead of just like a dense bush. Could i clip a few branches on the inside the thin it out as well in way that wont look butchered? Thanks!
20200323_144407.jpg

Last edited:

GQuinn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a nice looking colony as is. Dont try to thin it out, it will look terrible. What type of flow does this receive?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice let it do it's thing,take frag ,mount laying on side ,really cool couple weeks;)

OP
OP
kryz

kryz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GQuinn Thanks! I guess I will leave it. I see colonys that are more like branched out, less like a bush and that was kind of what i wanted to go for but i guess your right. It gets a lateral flow from a gyre and that HOB behind it dumps water right onto it.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave it and buy a different piece off of a colony with growth you like because I would guess that the coral isn’t acropora yongei. There are a lot of staghorns that look similar and these coralites are very uniform and branches are very straight with no splits going in other directions which tells me it’s probably something different. Plus the color seems a little less neon green but that isn’t really a method to is a coral well.
Plus I would leave it because it’s beautiful and will look more amazing the bigger it gets!

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you located in Australia? Their Dallas green slimer looks like a different acropora as well but also looks different than yours. I would love a piece of that aussie version the polyps are neon all the way down and it looks to contrast really well.

OP
OP
kryz

kryz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you located in Australia? Their Dallas green slimer looks like a different acropora as well but also looks different than yours. I would love a piece of that aussie version the polyps are neon all the way down and it looks to contrast really well.
I am located in the US. Yeah that one is nice! Someone told me that what i have might be the Australian stag but it clearly doesnt look like that one either.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back