Green acro turned purple

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks ago I bought a green acro had a purple base with green polyps then the branches were bright green and th polyps were green also. Similar looking to a Bali green slimmer just different growth form. Over the last two weeks all the skin on the branches has turned purple but the polyps stayed green. I’m pretty new to sps is this what people are talking about when they say they can change colors in different tanks?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two weeks ago I bought a green acro had a purple base with green polyps then the branches were bright green and th polyps were green also. Similar looking to a Bali green slimmer just different growth form. Over the last two weeks all the skin on the branches has turned purple but the polyps stayed green. I’m pretty new to sps is this what people are talking about when they say they can change colors in different tanks?
Can you post some pictures? The base color is the color of older corals and of lower light. Tip color are often of new growth color and of higher light level. It is possible that with change tank condition, your coral gets slower in growth, and also maybe it is getting less light now than before.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%

Back