Damage to montipora

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jono667
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jono667

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I found humuhumu chomping on our cleanershrimp. Hoping for rescue I intervened with long tongs but had to get in there with my arms in long gloves. Shrimpy was sadly a gonner but while trying to retrieve him from a cave I think I might have been a bit clumsy around Montipora., see the Pic. Would appreciate thought as to whether this looks worse than it is and it should be left alone or should I take some kind of corrective action?

20241102_085500.jpg 20241102_085424.jpg
 
Plating montiporas are fragged by breaking off pieces just like what happened. It will be perfectly fine!
If you want, you can even take your broken pieces and glue them to a different rock and you’ve just got yourself another coral to grow out.
 
Thanks for that encouraging news Edsbeaker
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new