Damaged Torch Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter CoralPhil
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CoralPhil

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy!


I brought home my first torch coral on Sunday, it was a generous freebie to go with several other frags and a fish. It's very colorful! Since I don't like the look of frag plugs, I tried cutting it off in order to glue it to a piece of coral rubble. That turned out to be a terrible idea since the frag split lengthwise through the polyp. In my haste I quickly glued the frag to the rubble and stuck it back in the tank.


Today it's looking much better, but there's some tentacles which have found their way through a crack! I'm seeking advice on how to proceed.


Leave it alone and hope for the best?

Try to get those tentacles to retract and fill the crack with super glue gel?

Do you think this little fella is even going to make it?

47f4c425-b6c6-4d19-9865-33d5e9433a00.jpg


Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new