Damper/Support for Canopy, What are you doing?

maginter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All -

I have a Planet Aquarium Classic 12 inch, front open Canopy on a 5-foot 150 gallon tank. see picture.

Capture.JPG

I am on the short side and opening and closing the front is a little difficult. I am very concerned of the open door slamming down on the tank. So, I wanted to ask the collective what you are doing as far as Supports or Dampers to help with this issue. I haven't weighed the opening door, but it is heavy. I will try and get a weigh soon, as I will need that to size the option I use for this request.

Tanks in Advance!

Mark

Chrysemys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used an actuator on mine. It is slow, but it eliminates all of those concerns you listed. Mine was bad enough my family didn’t like taking care of the tank when I was away. Had to do something. F8C71DBD-E0A3-415D-9128-906A6D45185D.jpeg

OP
OP
maginter

maginter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input! What is the white thing mounted on the side? Is that the damper or are you using slow close hinges? If it is do you have the Manufacture and Model?

Last edited:
OP
OP
maginter

maginter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about this...... Just want to minimize the opportunity for corrosion and device failure.

Last edited:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 71.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back