Dampiera dottyback/grouper tank very cloudy and may or may not be eating

Aidan_823

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m not too too worried about it, but I have a dampiera dirty back and his tank is very very cloudy, I’m assuming its because he always digs into the sand, but does anybody have any tips on how to clear the water?

Anyway, on a more serious note, I’ve had this fish for about a month now, I’ve never seen him eat, he’s still alive looking fat and happy, but I’m not really sure if and/or what he’s eating, I keep trying to feed him mysis, brine, krill, seaweed, even going as far as cichlid pellets. He’s never been exited (to my knowledge) to eat.

His tank is next to my DT, I’ve been thinking about tying it into the sump, but I don’t know if it’s the greatest idea. Does anyone think I should? Or should I just leave it alone? He ate both of my cleaner shrimps, a couple hermits, a cleaner shrimp and a pistol shrimp. So because of that, I don’t feel the most confident in adding him back into the DT.

Thank you to anybody reading and/or responding to this. And sorry for the absolutely terrible English lol

taytay_1119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For cloudiness I added a uv sterilizer. As far and the sand goes I mean just gotta deal with it i guess. If he’s digging in sand and still fat I guarantee he’s going after the pods in the tank.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 34.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back