Damsel question with torch coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter smt9595
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

smt9595

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Messages
10
Reaction score
7
Location
new york
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Domino Damsel that sometimes sleeps on my torch , it will also swim into it and almost vibrate while in it. Just curious what it is doing. The torch doesn’t seem to mind as it doesn’t close up after. It usually does it to the green torch in the front but I finally got it on video on the one in the back. TIA

00B3F9D5-1793-4D29-9AF3-711A9E0D1410.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.mov
    9.2 MB
Domino damsels live in host anemones in the wild. It thinkts the torch coral is an anemone
 
Mine do all the time, this damsel is very aggressive, it attacks me every time I put a hand inside the tank
 
Last edited:
Mine do all the time, this damsel is very aggressive, it attacks me every time I put a hand inside the tank


I have heard domino damsels will be very defensive of anemones but funny enough the three at my work are chickens lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new