Dan Ackroyd Acropora sliming at base

Mikedawg8898

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2015
Messages
107
Reaction score
62
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this Acro for about a month in an all SPS tank with other acros, montis, and stylos. I’ve also kept Acros on and off for years and never seen one slime at the base like this one is doing.

Polyps are always extended and otherwise a happy coral visually.

Any ideas why an acro would be sliming at the base when nothing else is doing this?

Only thing I can think of is slight amount of short hair algae on the rock that bubbles near the base.

Parameters are below
PH never goes below 8 and can get as high as 8.2
Alk 8DKH
Calcium 400ppm
Magnesium 1250ppm
PO4 0.08ppm
NO3 5ppm
 
I’ve had this Acro for about a month in an all SPS tank with other acros, montis, and stylos. I’ve also kept Acros on and off for years and never seen one slime at the base like this one is doing.

Polyps are always extended and otherwise a happy coral visually.

Any ideas why an acro would be sliming at the base when nothing else is doing this?

Only thing I can think of is slight amount of short hair algae on the rock that bubbles near the base.

Parameters are below
PH never goes below 8 and can get as high as 8.2
Alk 8DKH
Calcium 400ppm
Magnesium 1250ppm
PO4 0.08ppm
NO3 5ppm
pic?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new