Dana Riddles personal aquarium?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robthorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Robthorn

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
528
Reaction score
301
Location
Largo, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys and gals,

I am curious if anyone has seen Dana Riddles personal aquarium. I know he has a mess of advice out there. Some of which would wipe out my tank like raising alkalinity. Others it works great for. I am always just curious to see what those telling us how to do things are doing in there own systems.
I have seen many of the major players like Sprung, Sanjay, Randy and Mike Palletta and all are very respectable. I am just curious to see Dana's set up.

Thank you in advance everyone and Dana if you see this feel free to post up some pics. :-)

THIS IS NOT A CHALLENGE IN ANY WAY.
 
Dana has been living in Hawaii for several years now. He could walk out of his front door and be in the ocean. He is moving to the States soon he is building a home in the Atlanta area. Hawaii puts great limits on what you can keep in an aquarium any more. An he is excited to move back to the states to set up a reef without the limits he currently lives under.:)
 
Aww man it sucks bring old and forgetful.

Thank you very much. I knew this but it escaped my mind.

May as well close this unless someone has pictures of his tank before he moved. :-)

Maybe we should start a thread of high profile article/book writters? Would be fun to see.
 
Dana has been living in Hawaii for several years now. He could walk out of his front door and be in the ocean. He is moving to the States soon he is building a home in the Atlanta area. Hawaii puts great limits on what you can keep in an aquarium any more. An he is excited to move back to the states to set up a reef without the limits he currently lives under.:)

Aww man it sucks bring old and forgetful.

Thank you very much. I knew this but it escaped my mind.

May as well close this unless someone has pictures of his tank before he moved. :)

Maybe we should start a thread of high profile article/book writters? Would be fun to see.
Yea, Id like to see his new tank build too.
 
I heard from him online that he flew to Atlanta to oversee the area where his tank will be located in the home he's building here, but don't know timelines on the construction or when the tank build will start. Would be cool if he did a tank build on a forum somewhere (here for example :p), but can't say...
 
I heard from him online that he flew to Atlanta to oversee the area where his tank will be located in the home he's building here, but don't know timelines on the construction or when the tank build will start. Would be cool if he did a tank build on a forum somewhere (here for example :p), but can't say...
Hmmmm. Maybe if we knew any body in Atlanta they could check it outo_O.
I though he was already moved. He retired from Hawaii right after this last macna.
 
Hey I'm not far from ATL so I would be happy to go check out his new system as he builds it! :)
 
Yeah, I don't know if the move has been made, only because his house was/is/used to be under construction, but he may be in ATL. I'll see if he is here permanently and if he is allowing people to come visit his tank. Would be a cool article to write up, Dana Riddle's Tank....
 
Hey I'm not far from ATL so I would be happy to go check out his new system as he builds it! :)

Yeah, I don't know if the move has been made, only because his house was/is/used to be under construction, but he may be in ATL. I'll see if he is here permanently and if he is allowing people to come visit his tank. Would be a cool article to write up, Dana Riddle's Tank....
You guys should car pool. Tip, make cookies. Reefers like cookies.
 
yeah, I grew up in Tampa. I love the west coast of Florida. Key Largo is fun and all, but that's not where I meant. Have family in Sarasota, friends in Ft. Myers, etc. so am serious about coming down to go on vacation, and I will definitely give you a shout when I'm in the area. Always fun to get advice on places to go from fellow reefers.
 
Sounds good Monkey. Still some of the same ol stores with some new ones. I have several friends with stores/aquaculture facilities and such. If are looking to buy coral while on vacation I can hook you up on coral deals for sure. Mainly acros though.
 
Hahaha. I have 1 or 2 frags at the moment. Maybe more like 100. Good thing I have only cut things that need to be cut so far. Running out of sand space.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new