Dang clown fish?

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we have / had a pair of what they call snowflake percs, with also a pair of what they call mocha storms or whatever. Our problem is momma perc decided to jump out 4 weeks ago. Not to concerned I let it ride only to find out that now one of the mocha whatevers has taken to the what once was the male perc and chasing the other mocha whatever away. Should I get another juvi to hang out with the abandoned? Both pairs did great until momma got her fins on the meth. Thanks all, just a question I cant answer.

OP
OP
Graemesreef

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tenor (2).gif

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never been able to keep any more than a pair together unless the tank was 6-8 feet long, then maybe.
Id just pair up what you have.

OP
OP
Graemesreef

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never been able to keep any more than a pair together unless the tank was 6-8 feet long, then maybe.
Id just pair up what you have.
Thanks thats kinda what I thought. Clowns just be crazy these days like $59 - $149. We had great luck with the two pairs till the ******* child of a red lobster waitress went rouge.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So we have / had a pair of what they call snowflake percs, with also a pair of what they call mocha storms or whatever. Our problem is momma perc decided to jump out 4 weeks ago. Not to concerned I let it ride only to find out that now one of the mocha whatevers has taken to the what once was the male perc and chasing the other mocha whatever away. Should I get another juvi to hang out with the abandoned? Both pairs did great until momma got her fins on the meth. Thanks all, just a question I cant answer.
While adding another may offer advantage, it also offers risk as the new one can be a victim of aggression. There is a change the clown may revert back to the other clown but no guarantee

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I get another juvi to hang out with the abandoned? Both pairs did great until momma got her fins on the meth.

I tried to parse this out for a few minutes before admitting defeat. "Is meth some type of alga?" I muttered to myself in my pre-dinner low blood sugar state. What...

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 1 of a pair and the other pair switched partners. The lone clown disappeared. Found him 2 months later in the overflow. Took another 4 months before I figure out how to get him out. And no, opening the drain is no guarantee that the fish will end up in your sump. Did that with my hawk fish and he straddled the pipe... ended up adding sand slowly to raise it up until I got it and then used a shop vac to remove sand. 3 is not company with clowns. I still have the clown in my observation tank which is his home. I've added 2 smaller clowns but 1 died, the other carpet surfed...

OP
OP
Graemesreef

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to parse this out for a few minutes before admitting defeat. "Is meth some type of alga?" I muttered to myself in my pre-dinner low blood sugar state. What...
No its whats killing our children. My bad for using it as a fish problem. Im pretty sure that crack heads and people with low blood sugar are not the same. My bad Dave sorry for hurting you feelings over something you obviously didnt know. Most of it is a joke to try to keep people somewhat happy while asking a question.

OP
OP
Graemesreef

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 1 of a pair and the other pair switched partners. The lone clown disappeared. Found him 2 months later in the overflow. Took another 4 months before I figure out how to get him out. And no, opening the drain is no guarantee that the fish will end up in your sump. Did that with my hawk fish and he straddled the pipe... ended up adding sand slowly to raise it up until I got it and then used a shop vac to remove sand. 3 is not company with clowns. I still have the clown in my observation tank which is his home. I've added 2 smaller clowns but 1 died, the other carpet surfed...
Thank you

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No its whats killing our children. My bad for using it as a fish problem. Im pretty sure that crack heads and people with low blood sugar are not the same. My bad Dave sorry for hurting you feelings over something you obviously didnt know. Most of it is a joke to try to keep people somewhat happy while asking a question.
Well, I was trying to joke with a joke...

Ba-dun-dun! :)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back