Dang frag plug

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my helio fungia killed my Zuma shroom. The frag plug is glued into a hole on the side of the tank. It will not even budge and my whole rock structure was shaking trying to get this thing out. I must have glued it pretty darn good. It's in a spot I can't really get a good tool on it just my hand.

Should I just leave it and let the tank cover it eventually? Cover it with some zoas? I've never had a plug stuck like this to a rock.

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my helio fungia killed my Zuma shroom. The frag plug is glued into a hole on the side of the tank. It will not even budge and my whole rock structure was shaking trying to get this thing out. I must have glued it pretty darn good. It's in a spot I can't really get a good tool on it just my hand.

Should I just leave it and let the tank cover it eventually? Cover it with some zoas? I've never had a plug stuck like this to a rock.
If it isnt sticking out too much, maybe cover it with epoxy? i think if a coral killed your shroom it will also kill zoas, so maybe let the tank cover it eventually.

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it isnt sticking out too much, maybe cover it with epoxy? i think if a coral killed your shroom it will also kill zoas, so maybe let the tank cover it eventually.
It looks funky. Eye sore. I moved the killer coral away.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above. If you can’t get it and don’t like how it looks just put some epoxy over it. I just heard a reef beef episode where they talked about covering bryopsis with epoxy and then taking a rubble rock and pressing it in the epoxy all over to make indentations for a more natural look, or adding rubble on top of the epoxy if you didn’t want to look at the color difference for the week it takes coralline to grow over it

OP
OP
Lavey29

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is

Attachments

• 20220629_163609.jpg
    20220629_163609.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 18

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 4 8.3%
Back