Daniel's Reef Savvy 50g Cube - A Recovering Build...

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hoping to see the corals you got from rap!!! That acanthophylia is sick though!
I have a lot of new stuff that I need to show off. This thread is overdue for some photos.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of new stuff that I need to show off. This thread is overdue for some photos.
I got a green and purple favia!!! It’s a tiny frag, so you can’t tell much about it yet. Can’t wait to show it to you once it grows some more.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well what happened? You haven't updated. I need to live through your purchases.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update and an end to this build thread!

This tank has been taken down because we moved houses Saturday before last. I've got everything in a holding tank for now, but I'm planning an upgrade. Unfortunately, 3 days after we moved into the new house, a waterline blew off the back of the fridge in the afternoon while we were out, and flooded the whole house. My neighbor called me to tell me that we had water running out the front and back doors. The floors, walls, and cabinets were ruined, so the insurance has had to gut it. We're currently living in a hotel until everything gets fixed (they're telling me that we may be back in by mid-December). Hopefully...there will be an upgrade coming when we get back into the house.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update and an end to this build thread!

This tank has been taken down because we moved houses Saturday before last. I've got everything in a holding tank for now, but I'm planning an upgrade. Unfortunately, 3 days after we moved into the new house, a waterline blew off the back of the fridge in the afternoon while we were out, and flooded the whole house. My neighbor called me to tell me that we had water running out the front and back doors. The floors, walls, and cabinets were ruined, so the insurance has had to gut it. We're currently living in a hotel until everything gets fixed (they're telling me that we may be back in by mid-December). Hopefully...there will be an upgrade coming when we get back into the house.
Sorry to hear that! Praying that everything goes smoothly and repairs go quickly. :)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just seeing this. How is the house coming along?

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys! They're still working on the house and we're still in a hotel. They're saying the laminate flooring will be in next week and cabinets will be arriving the 22nd, and carpets will get here on the 27th. Still hoping enough is done that we can at least be back in at some capacity by Christmas.

Unfortunately, all of this has had a really negative impact on my livestock. The fish are fine, but I've lost pretty much all of my SPS and a good bit of my other pieces too. It sucks when these things happen, but we'll build back bigger and better. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back