Danner Supreme 1.9 Review.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this Recently. Model 1.9 Item# 40120 115 VAC 60 Hz, 19 watts, 0.3 Amps. Dimensions 3-7/16” L x 2-1/8” W x 3-5/16” H, “includes the Threaded output.“ 180 GPH @ 1ft. 160 GPH @ 2ft. 140 GPH @ 3ft 130 GPH @ 4ft. Shutoff appears to be at 6.5ft. Inlet 3/8” MPT, Outlet 1/4” MPT. Without using an adapter a 1/2” ID Hose will fit over this fitting secured with a Vinyl Plastic Ratchet Clamp, available from ACE Hardware. Pump came with a Strainer Cover, a thin Foam filter inside the cover, more for protecting the pump, than Biological. Also has a non-removable volume valve on the pump outlet. Pump is Quiet enough I can’t hear it running** Puts out a good volume of water, but I did not measure the output. My other Danner pumps, put out the rated volumes, or slightly above when measured. All Parts are available, for this pump, and they do have accessory filters. They appear to be more suited for ponds. For Extra filtration, I’d recommend adapting someone else’s sponge filter, to the inlet. ** When I first started the pump, it had a rattle due to trapped air in the pump.

OP
OP
S

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones for Ponds have 18 foot power cords, and the ones for Aquariums have 10 foot power cords. When I bought my used 65 gallon Aquarium it came with a Model 12, 9.5 and a 7 pump. The 12 is my return, that is divided to three reactors, a UV, and the tank. The 9.5 runs my skimmer. After using them for several years, I am sold that they are the best pump out there. Since then I have purchased a Model 2, for pumping new water back into my aquarium, and for the initial salt mixing. Bought the 1.9 for a Sump I’m using for a Macro Grow out. If I ever get my Fish Room Built, I’m going to take advantage of the longer cords, to locate some of my Power Strips away from the Aquarium.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back