Dan's Office Pico Build

Looks great !

Any update on your tank?

I need to make DIY lid for my pico as well.
I still haven't figured out if I want to go with a perspex/Lexan lid opposed to a mesh one...
How often do you have to clean it to prevent salt creep?
 
I'd bet it starts to sag within a few weeks to months (not really having to do with exposure to water). You'd probably need to go with close to 1/4" or run a reinforcement spar. I truely hope not but from experience I think it's gonna happen.
 
Looks great !

Any update on your tank?

I need to make DIY lid for my pico as well.
I still haven't figured out if I want to go with a perspex/Lexan lid opposed to a mesh one...
How often do you have to clean it to prevent salt creep?
Thanks for asking. Ill try to get some pics and make an update tonight!

Btw i get no salt creep. Just condensation which is i minor issue for me. I wipe the lid every other week or so.
 
I'd bet it starts to sag within a few weeks to months (not really having to do with exposure to water). You'd probably need to go with close to 1/4" or run a reinforcement spar. I truely hope not but from experience I think it's gonna happen.
I thought so too but surprisingly it has held up without any sag in the two months so that ive had it on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new