Dansreeftank rebuild

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read this whole thread, and WOW! Amazing job with the customization of your system and the DIY work. The attention to detail and craftsmanship really shows. You've definitely given me some ideas for my own system. Now when you set up the actuators on the doors, will they beactivated via a button or from the tablet? When you set this up, you mind showing how you did it? Where did you get the actuators? And is having auto open doors serve a specific purpose or is it more of a "because I can" type thing? Haha I love the idea. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it! Very clean look. I really like how you displayed the controls and rock scape kicks butt! Great work! Can't wait to see some SPS action:)
Thanks Andy I wanted it as clean as your set up mine needs a lot of work still soon I will post a vid and pics I am collecting some sps and getting some of my stuff that I had friends hold for me..can't wait to see what you do with your rock work. .
Very sweet setup!!
Thank you for your kind words I am glad you liked it.

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read this whole thread, and WOW! Amazing job with the customization of your system and the DIY work. The attention to detail and craftsmanship really shows. You've definitely given me some ideas for my own system. Now when you set up the actuators on the doors, will they beactivated via a button or from the tablet? When you set this up, you mind showing how you did it? Where did you get the actuators? And is having auto open doors serve a specific purpose or is it more of a "because I can" type thing? Haha I love the idea. Thanks!
Thank you very much. .I love making things for my tank even though I have to learn how to. This part of the hobby I like the most is when things come together and ideas I get from different reefers on here like Andy and other sites..I am glad my build gave you some ideas..things I did this time around are the things I wish I did previously on all my tanks I had basically all mistakes that I have made or things that I wanted to make better. .I will be getting commercial grade actuators from my uncle he works for a fabrication company and they make actuators with controllers but I need to figure out how to wire it into the apex so I can controll it with my tablet..its later on down the line once he is able to get me some..I a want to make things on my stand automatic because I like to try to make things easier with a push of a button because my neck is really starting to cause me a lot of pain that my doctor is telling me I need surgery. Things are set up but inneed more things to make it happen ..I was just gonna sell my tank and give up the hobby but the wife said it makes me feel good and relaxed so she made me keep it so thats what happened. .I will have an extra pump to drain and fill with just a push of a button , I made things to be easy access and serviceable. .once I have everything done I will make a video of all the electronics its not a professional look but I will try to make it clean..I will for sure let you know how I did it..

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool build can't wait to see it with livestock.
Thank you very much I will post more pics soon once the tank looks more presentable right now I am handling a little bit of brown algae due to using all dry rock..

Can't wait to use this my lovely wife got me for my early bday present.

love her she said I got you this so you can use for your tank..

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some update with my go pro I exchanged it for the hero black the the screen freezes on the silver...I like the video quality of the black but need to figure out how to make less blurry my hand shakes when I take but the colors looks great and when under water it looses connection to my phone..here's some sample I will learn to make it better

BrotherReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that's great your wife was ok with that...did you transfer them into the DT yet
yes She supports me. She wasnt happy with the purchase but she likes me to be happy . I haven't transferred yet because I Want them to be acclimated. Plus still no lights yet.

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes She supports me. She wasnt happy with the purchase but she likes me to be happy . I haven't transferred yet because I Want them to be acclimated. Plus still no lights yet.
She is a keeper my friend did you just get married recently I thought I seen it on you FB post. Congrats Bro

OP
OP
danangelo

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New fish..trio of sunset anthias love the colors one is turning male already I hope they do ok.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back