Dark brown sand algae

  • Thread starter Thread starter cadefowlr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thank you for the help. I have not manually removed any in the 7 weeks. I added snails and copepods. The snails are aggressive eaters. I have been adding CyanoClean every night which has seemed to be helping a lot. I was hesitant to touch the tank much until my nitrates were around 10. They were in the 0’s when this started.
Manual removal is probably the single most important thing to do when dealing with uglies. It speeds up the recovery process significantly and you end up dosing less things to try to battle the uglies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new