Dark Red Algae

Alpha Fishstick

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2017
Messages
23
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two types of Algae growing in my tank. Coralline Algae is the first and there is a second I'm not sure what it's called. Would anyone know what this is from the following pictures? Thank you

IMG_0182.JPG


IMG_0181.JPG
 
If you take a turkey baster or blow on it does it come off? If it does its red cyano(bad). If its hard and stays put it is coralline (good sort of).
 
If you take a turkey baster or blow on it does it come off? If it does its red cyano(bad). If its hard and stays put it is coralline (good sort of).

No it doesn't come off easy at all. Are you saying there are different types of Coraline Algae? The Coraline Algae I am familiar with is a much lighter purple almost pink. Is this Red Algae another form of Coraline?

Thanks for your response :)
 
Coraline can be many colors. To me it looks like coralline but its so hard to tell from the photo. Even that green on the rock can be a form of coralline so I am told
 
I have the same stuff on my rock. Never harmed anything I believe it's the good kind of algae doesn't look like red slime to me rather coraline [emoji1360][emoji1360]
 
I started seeing it after Feeding a dried red algae to my fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new