Dark red coralline algae

Yeah it did in my tank at first but after a while it wouldn’t
Cyano will blow off easy and go away with a lights out and come back with lights on
 
I know this is an old thread but I have the same stuff on my rocks in high light, high flow areas. I put it under a microscope and it kind of looks like cyano. If anyone with some knowledge wants to chime on what I'm seeing through my microscope that would be great.
1000031446.jpg
1000031447.jpg
1000031443.jpg
 
I have it in my Tank also. Bright Maroon in high flow and light. Probably a Turf Algae as it's not hard like Coraline but it never gets long and doesn't remove easily. I don't mind it and my fish graze on it.
 
I’ve also got this. Does it impede sps corals from encrusting?
 
I have the same algae, and it is disappearing now that i am using vibrant.

I thought it was coralline algae until it started to fade away.
Edit. Just saw it’s a 3 year old post.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new