Dark Seas Reefer 250

Undecidedmn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No refugium? I think to add the reefmat I will have to give it up. Could add a kalk reactor and external skimmer then. Ever thought of adding a refugium to your tank?

OP
OP
OctaviusBrine

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about adding one. Especially once I hard plumbed my reef mat. However I deal with low nutrients so I don’t think I’ll add one. I’m contemplating adding a frag rack and light to use that’ll also help keep my ph even more stable. With the reverse lighting.

OP
OP
OctaviusBrine

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you find the sterilizer helps keep the glass clean?

Honestly I just use it when I have Dino’s. this just so happens to be one of the two times I’ve used it. I generally only have to wipe my glass probably twice a week. The reef mat helps a lot and when I don’t dose aminos it stays pretty clean.

Undecidedmn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put in the gate valve. What a difference. I am trying to make the tank completely silent. There is a hum still and part of that hum is the skimmer and also possible the COR 15. I have read the COR 15 can hum when using the 1 inch adapter because of head pressure. If I go above 40%, it gets to be bad. I may try to hard plumb that next with using 6 inches of the 2 inch PVC hard plumbed to a reducer with the flex pipe.

Still need to decide if I am keeping the refugium. Just limited room and I do not want a HOB on the rear of tank. But I want to put an external reef octopus skimmer and the reef mat 500. So I am not sure if I have the room.

OP
OP
OctaviusBrine

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put in the gate valve. What a difference. I am trying to make the tank completely silent. There is a hum still and part of that hum is the skimmer and also possible the COR 15. I have read the COR 15 can hum when using the 1 inch adapter because of head pressure. If I go above 40%, it gets to be bad. I may try to hard plumb that next with using 6 inches of the 2 inch PVC hard plumbed to a reducer with the flex pipe.

Still need to decide if I am keeping the refugium. Just limited room and I do not want a HOB on the rear of tank. But I want to put an external reef octopus skimmer and the reef mat 500. So I am not sure if I have the room.

It’s a total game changer replacing that valve for sure. I’d love to run an external skimmer to free up some room in the sump. However I’m out of room in the cabinet.

Is there any rubber under that return pump?

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about adding one. Especially once I hard plumbed my reef mat. However I deal with low nutrients so I don’t think I’ll add one. I’m contemplating adding a frag rack and light to use that’ll also help keep my ph even more stable. With the reverse lighting.
it will be overkill, I dropped the proteinskimmer and ran cheato with rollermate.

OP
OP
OctaviusBrine

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treated myself to this little beauty. There’s so many colors in it if you look close enough. I’m excited to see what it colors up too. So far pink orange blue and green.

Attachments

• IMG_4732.jpeg
    IMG_4732.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4745.jpeg
    IMG_4745.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4748.jpeg
    IMG_4748.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4747.jpeg
    IMG_4747.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 11

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back