Dark Spots on Chalice Frag

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kalebos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kalebos

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
140
Reaction score
32
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this chalice frag about a week ago and just noticed a couple dark spots appear on it. Wondering if I can get y'alls take on them. I dipped it thoroughly and the closest coral to it are zoa's so I would be surprised if this is a result of a sting. Any ideas what this is and what I should do about it if anything?

Also, don't mind the sad goni in the back. He was a rescue project that I am not giving up on. Also, the zoas in there are closed because I just disturbed them!

unnamed.jpg IMG_4944.jpg IMG_4945.jpg
 
Not sure, but maybe leave him in the tank as undisturbed as possible and see how things go?

If you want, post your water test results and a little more about the system and maybe there are some other ideas...
 
Not sure, but maybe leave him in the tank as undisturbed as possible and see how things go?

If you want, post your water test results and a little more about the system and maybe there are some other ideas...
I appreciate the response. I’ve left him be and there have been no changes since I posted this thread. I’m out of town for a few days over Thanksgiving so we will see what’s waiting for me when I get back!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new