Quick Updates;
The gold tip elegance split from where it was fastened by one of the elastic bands. The piece is doing well after I plucked it from the tank and fastened it to another rock but looks like it might split again. I need to work out how the hell I can fasten these guys without losing them or splitting them. I love this coral but because it lost it's skeleton It's been impossible to keep other than in an isolation box which is ugly and I'm not about to do again in this tank. I think I'd tried glueing it before but because you're glueing the actual coral itself it doesn't really stick.
Purple tang developed ich over the past couple weeks. I've been using polyp labs medic to treat it (yes, yes.. it's just peroxide salts or whatever but it seemed to work previously for me so I'm trying it again). Was looking a bit average for a few days with quite a few small ones but I upped the dosage slightly and seems to have come good. Will continue to monitor whilst finishing the course of treatment (20 days in total I think for memory, so about 10 to go). Will then continue to monitor for another week or so afterward I think to see if it comes back. If it does I'll likely try hypo salinity with it and possibly.
Picked up another couple of corals on the weekend also, 2 lovely Goniopora, one purple which my gf loved and wanted, and I wanted the highlighter-ish one that seemed to have some black or very dark in it as well.
Had been to that LFS only once before, glad to have gone back as I got talking with the guy that runs that section (part of a pet store) and he seems to take some pride in what he does so I'll be eager to check it out again in future to see what stock he's brought in etc and it's fairly local too compared to one of the others I goto.
I've also been having issues with my Gen 3 Clarisea SK-5000. The controller was randomly turning off and I had to power cycle (waiting for over 1 minute) to get it to come back on and go live again, this seemed to correct it but was happening several times. Then it seemed to stop turning off and was working fine for a week or so up until Sunday morning when I woke up to it not in operation again and wouldn't restart after power cycle. Tried various power outlets to double check it wasn't the outlet that was dodgy but nothing.
After some back and forth with the store I bought it from, I took it in and left it there for testing. A couple hours later get a call that it was apparently a faulty controller I went back to pick it up and they have lent me a Gen 1 controller which they said worked and would allow me to continue using it in the interim, great.
Got it home and hooked it back up, worked fine for an hour-ish, but then started beeping at me. Still operates but continues to beep. I notified the store again and they believe it's still a controller issue and will be sourcing me the Gen 3 controller replacement and then we'll see if it's a motor issue after that.
Kind of thinking it's a motor issue personally if this other controller is beeping as well so I feel like we're just wasting time by not ordering one of those as well but we'll see. Fingers crossed it's sorted soon, getting tired of the continuous beeping.
ALSO, had an issue with my temp controller randomly going off and shooting an error msg 'app' - inkbird 306a I think it is. Couldn't find any info on this when I googled but seemed to artificially spike the temp reading and then settle down again, so I need to look into options here, thankfully it seems to be very intermittent currently. This one has lasted about 3 years, so I don't know if I just go another one or look for something a bit more expensive...
Finally did some testing for the first time in just over 2 weeks last night thanks to
@JonoH for the reminder, a little lazy I know but everything's been looking alright apart from one coral, a leather that other than opening for the first few days has since stopped and has been closed up, it's possible the water isn't as dirty as it would like as Nitrates have been quite low compared to the previous tank (I'm sure they'll creep up again).
Temp - 26degrees celcius (usually keep it at 25 but it's been a bit muggy/warmish the past couple days and I haven't run the aircon to drop it down).
pH - 8.05
Nitrate - 5.7
Phosphate - 0.092
Salinity - 1.027 (This has crept slightly, but it should be sorted once I do a water change or 2).
Alkalinity - 6.8 (I like to keep this around 8 usually, so I've upped my dosage a little, looks like it's only dropped 0.2 in the past 2 weeks)
Calcium - 400 (I like to keep this around 430, so I've also upped dosage a little as it's dropped by 25 in the past 2 weeks)
Magnesium - 1260 (I like to aim for around 1320-1350 here so I've upped my dosage here also)