Darwin clown... or not?

RichardL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

i got a Darwin Clown in the end of last November from my LFS. 3 month later, its "black" become more and more grey&orange, some times it even looks like transparent. Do you think it is Darwin or not? What can I do to let it become black again? I already use black background as you can see.

By the way, I went back to the LFS and found that other Darwins (also in the same tank when I got mine) even became black head, so I suspected their parents have black head. But why mine become so different?

IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0459.jpg

Last edited:

Largeangels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darwins look normal at first and then become black and from what I recall can take some time and they vary a bit how fast they turn. But nowadays with so many varaints and crossbreeding it is hard to tell.

I'd ask the LFS where he got them from.

OP
OP
RichardL

RichardL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darwins look normal at first and then become black and from what I recall can take some time and they vary a bit how fast they turn. But nowadays with so many varaints and crossbreeding it is hard to tell.

I'd ask the LFS where he got them from.
They only told me they ordered these fish as Darwin, and they said it is interesting for what happen on my "Darin" haha

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back