Darwin clown... or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RichardL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RichardL

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Messages
52
Reaction score
15
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,

i got a Darwin Clown in the end of last November from my LFS. 3 month later, its "black" become more and more grey&orange, some times it even looks like transparent. Do you think it is Darwin or not? What can I do to let it become black again? I already use black background as you can see.

By the way, I went back to the LFS and found that other Darwins (also in the same tank when I got mine) even became black head, so I suspected their parents have black head. But why mine become so different?

IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0459.jpg
 
Last edited:
Darwins look normal at first and then become black and from what I recall can take some time and they vary a bit how fast they turn. But nowadays with so many varaints and crossbreeding it is hard to tell.

I'd ask the LFS where he got them from.
 
Darwins look normal at first and then become black and from what I recall can take some time and they vary a bit how fast they turn. But nowadays with so many varaints and crossbreeding it is hard to tell.

I'd ask the LFS where he got them from.
They only told me they ordered these fish as Darwin, and they said it is interesting for what happen on my "Darin" haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new