Data Storage?

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little confused on how the Apex and P4 store probe data. Do they store it on the controller? How far back can you go? Days, weeks, months? Do you have to be online to see graphs of past readings?

Are the Apex and P4 the only 2 controllers that have flow meters?

Thanks

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only answer for the P4. It can store a limited amount of data (around 8000 readings) However you can save the data to a file with help of the PC program GHL Control Centre. You can have one file that you always append to – therefore you can have stored (and readable data) for how long time you want. If you do not save the unsaved data – the program (in the P4 will overwrite the oldest sampling points.

As an example – I have 6 different probes I sample. Sample time is each 15 minute. It means 576 samples each 24 hour. With 8000 sample points – I have to save to a file around every 15 days in order to have an unbreaking row of samples

Sincerely Lasse

jml1149

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little confused on how the Apex and P4 store probe data. Do they store it on the controller? How far back can you go? Days, weeks, months? Do you have to be online to see graphs of past readings?

Are the Apex and P4 the only 2 controllers that have flow meters?

Thanks

The Apex stores data locally on the brain, and the data and graphs can be accessed offline. I just tried this to make sure. I believe, from the FAQ, it stores 90 days of data.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really do not know. But i noted a funny thing with my Touch display. In the GCC you are able to chose which sensor you want to see - but not more than sensors. I install the new app "GHL Connect" on my phone and change the dashboard on the app to even show my dosing pumps. Suddenly my dosing pumps shows upp even at the dashboard of the Touch Display!

MVH Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some specials. I show 1 temperature probe, 1 salinity, 2 redox and 2 pH probes. (i have one redox and one pH probe in my DSB)
dosing - carbon source, kalcium, chlorid free salt, potassium, bicarbonate, potassium nitrate, iodine and strontium. Potassium now and when, carbon source very little

Sincerely Lasse

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@EdsReefOdyssey

Yes you can use more then one GHL touch display I have two on my tank. But you can not program the displays to be different, I have asked for that as a feature request.

OP
OP
E

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto – Can you connect both to the P4 or do you need an expansion box?

@Lasse – I started reading your build thread, its 34 pages so it might take me a while. ;Bookworm

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@EdsReefOdyssey both can connect to the P4. That have a module that coonects to the PAB cable with a power supply that powers the color display.

spifftempo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex stores data locally on the brain, and the data and graphs can be accessed offline. I just tried this to make sure. I believe, from the FAQ, it stores 90 days of data.

Also- to add, you can export the data from your Apex to excel (or any statistical analysis program that reads XML) at any frequency you so desire. This is documented in the ACRM in Chapter 10. Same same procedure will work on the Classic or the 2016

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back