davidandrzej9

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice shot of the hawkfish, too!
Yeah those lenses you recommended work really well, I ended up moving the green torch because the rockwork was blocking flow towards it. Also the brown algae growing in my tank has completely disappeared and everything has been going surprisingly well.

Vjames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm relatively new to reef keeping and I currently have a 13.5 gallon fluval evo. I have a bunch of new equipment coming in as well as the tank + stand. I will be posting about my tank here and I'm looking forward to seeing your tanks as well. Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated :)

Starting Gear
  • Aquarium: Innovative Marine Fusion Pro 2, 40L AIO
  • Heater: Helio 200W (200W) PTC Heating System
  • Lights: 2x AI Prime
  • ATO: Not decided
  • Skimmer: Not decided
  • Powerhead: Nero 3
  • Substrate: 40lb Carib Sea Dry Live Rock, 40lb Special Grade Arag-Alive Reef Sand
  • RODI Filter: 50 GPD RO/DI System
  • Test Kit: Hanna Phosphate, Hanna Alkalinity, Aquaforest Magnesium, RedSea Calcium, Marine API
  • Cycle: Microbacter quickcyle ammonia + nitryfing bacteria
Hello Davidandrzej9! I would suggest you get 2 Radion xr15s and then you will never have to upgrade the lights and get a gyre instead of nero3. BRS has a video showing why gyres are better. Good luck with your journey. I just got a new one and I love it.

OP
OP
davidandrzej9

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been quite busy with work and school, and have not signed on to this. Over the last few months I have seen my corals all grow. Have not lost any! But Unfortunately with a busy schedule I have been doing less maintenance and dropped my weekly water change schedule to bi-weekly. My system has an ato and an autofeeder so this schedule was doing fine until my gramma got the ich. Then my clowns. All 3 died one by one. My longnose is doing okay tho. This all happened in the span of a few days. After the fish died, I did a huge water change to get some of the free-floating ich out, and I know it can live on surfaces. I do not plan on adding any fish again for the next 2 months to avoid this situation. I am quite confused about how they got sick, as it has been a while since I have added fish, and while my maintenance schedule has not been as consistent, my corals were fine and parameters were stable. Either way, I'll use this as a learning experience and do religious testing and water changes from now on. Will attach pictures of my coral growth soon.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been quite busy with work and school, and have not signed on to this. Over the last few months I have seen my corals all grow. Have not lost any! But Unfortunately with a busy schedule I have been doing less maintenance and dropped my weekly water change schedule to bi-weekly. My system has an ato and an autofeeder so this schedule was doing fine until my gramma got the ich. Then my clowns. All 3 died one by one. My longnose is doing okay tho. This all happened in the span of a few days. After the fish died, I did a huge water change to get some of the free-floating ich out, and I know it can live on surfaces. I do not plan on adding any fish again for the next 2 months to avoid this situation. I am quite confused about how they got sick, as it has been a while since I have added fish, and while my maintenance schedule has not been as consistent, my corals were fine and parameters were stable. Either way, I'll use this as a learning experience and do religious testing and water changes from now on. Will attach pictures of my coral growth soon.
Sorry about your clowns! but glad to see your coral is doing well!

OP
OP
davidandrzej9

davidandrzej9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March update: back on track with maintenance, corals are looking great and my long nose is too. Life really got to me these last few weeks, school work and some issues financially have taken time away from this hobby, but I plan on buying a neptune apex with a dos and trident to monitor as much parameters 24/7. Stay tuned!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back