Daylight savings time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I have always had an issue with daylight savings time on the Profilux 4. I'm sure it is a setting I'm just not getting right but I've never had it adjust properly. I'm in Eastern time zone which is UTC -5. The controller recognizes that it is now an hour off local time (shows the notification) but it also hasn't adjusted time (it's an hour behind since we sprang forward last weekend). The screen capture was taken at 9:59am local but the controller still shows 8:59am.

image_2022-03-16_100100.png

fourseasonoutdoorsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the foolproof way to handle this is turn the "Automatic Setting" to None and then press the local time button.

Otherwise - @Lasse shared what I could only speculate based on the setting names. Processing an hour change over 7 days by default seems like overkill for most use cases, but I'm sure this is important to someone.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set this to 1 if you want a direct change

1647442374823.png

Sincerely Lasse
It hasn't mattered what I set that too, the time remains the same. My guess is that it would shave about 8 minutes of turn on/off time per day until it matched up with the actual time but the time would remain accurate regardless.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe Germany and US daylight savings time is different by a week. Germany's time changes a week after the US. So I would assume it would fix itself this Sunday but I always just manually set it to local time when I notice there is a difference.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Germany and US daylight savings time is different by a week. Germany's time changes a week after the US. So I would assume it would fix itself this Sunday but I always just manually set it to local time when I notice there is a difference.
Probably a right statement. Here in Sweden (same daylight change as Germany) it has always worked

Sincerely Lasse

Fishyjoey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more changes in the US. Congressed passed the daylight savings bill. It wont change anymore in the US.
The bill only passed the Senate and is waiting on the House, then President. If signed into law changes will not take effect until 2023 so we will still fall back this year.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I did is:
  1. Set Automatic Setting to None (from NTP).
  2. Set to Local Time.
  3. Set Time Zone to UTC-4 (from UTC-5)
  4. Set Automatic Setting back to NTP.
Convoluted, but it immediately corrects the time.

Fishyjoey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more changes in the US. Congressed passed the daylight savings bill. It wont change anymore in the US.
Incorrect, it has only passed in the Senate. Nancy Pelosi has not said when/if the House will take up the bill. Then Biden must sign.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incorrect, it has only passed in the Senate. Nancy Pelosi has not said when/if the House will take up the bill. Then Biden must sign.
I believe it will pass as they have been talking about it for years.
Doesnt really matter anyway to me. Guess we will see.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I did is:
  1. Set Automatic Setting to None (from NTP).
  2. Set to Local Time.
  3. Set Time Zone to UTC-4 (from UTC-5)
  4. Set Automatic Setting back to NTP.
Convoluted, but it immediately corrects the time.
Yea, I've been going the trickery route the past couple years but I'm tired of messing with something that should be capable of doing the function. I'm going to hold off until the 28th to see if it changes to match DST in Germany (the 27th I believe). All seems wonky to me if it's based off UTC (no DST) and your own location (EST in my case which does observe DST).

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd update. I did leave the controller alone and it appears that it started the DST switch around the 27 of March to coincide with whatever time zone that is based on (Germany?). So the function does work but it's likely based on a time zone you don't reside in. Hopefully GHL can add that to a future firmware patch.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd update. I did leave the controller alone and it appears that it started the DST switch around the 27 of March to coincide with whatever time zone that is based on (Germany?). So the function does work but it's likely based on a time zone you don't reside in. Hopefully GHL can add that to a future firmware patch.
I had adjusted the time on the 13th, then when it switched in Germany, I had to re-adjust the time again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back