OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always been a fan of your tanks. Can't wait to see the progress!

Thank you! I've definitely put A LOT more thought into this build than prior tanks because I am most likely going to keep this system for many years.

Hahaha pic's?

ha, The tank is cloudy and I'm kinda waiting to see if my dang anemone moves before I mount anything permanently. Ill snap some tomorrow.

I'm some what unhappy with the scape I've come up with because I'd really like to have a lot less rock but I have a lot of sps I want to Mount and I don't think I'm going to have enough real estate.

Current fish list;

1 purple tang
1 Midas Benny
2 False Peres
2 banggai cardinals (breeding pair)

I just placed this order

4 Masked Goby
1 Mated Pair of Neon Gobies

New sea fans I just ordered.
1 Purple Sea Plume
1 Orange Sea Rod Gorgonia
1 Yellow Sea Whip
1 Purple Sea Rod

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished the trim

u2ajyber.jpg

ena7y3yp.jpg

9a9yra4y.jpg

And the scape as of now ha
qyty4u6e.jpg

upurezep.jpg

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sweet build. Love the cable chain holding your light!

Thanks! I think the chain really made it look awesome instead of just the string.

I can't wait to get some more fish in the tank and coral

Last edited:
OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realized my return pump was way oversized for this tank so I decided to split the return and use it to feed my carbon reactor and also my CPR hang on fuge (that I haven't installed yet) but will hang on the side of m sump and make it super hard for me to do anything inside my sump ha.

ty8ahypa.jpg

agusa5aj.jpg

New silencer for the 1.5" drainline (it was crazy noisey to the pony we had to blast the volume on the TV. Totally quiet now) and the fail-safe 1/2" drain to the right.

ubehe5y6.jpg

This picture shows off how easy it is to work in the tank with the tensioned canopy.. You lift it and it stays wherever you put it, then you just pull it back down when you're done. Boom ha

pu6ena4y.jpg

yqyvygab.jpg

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I cant get over that rustic theme! Now you got me over here wanting to build something out of pallets.

Scape looks sick man, Im especially liking the fact thats there seems to be a lot of room on your sandbed.

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I cant get over that rustic theme! Now you got me over here wanting to build something out of pallets.

Scape looks sick man, Im especially liking the fact thats there seems to be a lot of room on your sandbed.

Thanks man! Yeah I really wanted there to be a lot of sandbed/swimming room and I want the tank to look as natural as possible.

I am only going to pick my favorite sps and let them grow out so I have mature colonies instead of a cluster of 500 frags ha.

Pictures! I finally hung the radion tonight so the pictures come out Much better.

So far love this light but time will tell.

a2uba2ap.jpg

mynu9eba.jpg

ahuravad.jpg

ruby3u3u.jpg

uty9urap.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great man!

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice urchin I've been wanting one but haven't been to the Los in a while.:violin:

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great man!

Thanks rev!

Nice urchin I've been wanting one but haven't been to the Los in a while.:violin:

Thanks, I actually got this one off of divers den. It's one of the ORA aquacultured. I really like it, it's got some killer color. Ill try to snap a shot of its top side when I get a chance.

Man.. I was just looking over the radion user guide.. That light is crazy.. I can't wait to see the daylight cycles it was talking about. Hopefully this weekend ill get some time to sit down and play around with.

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 61 47.7%
  • Full frame

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 47 36.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back