OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, definitely great news, i hate having fish die to starvation.

Sooooooooooo... I've always REALLY wanted a little school of red spot glass cardinalfish for years.. But have read article after article about the high mortality rate. But today Divers Den had 5 of them up for grabs and i recently read a thread they put up about having success getting them to eat and even spawning in their holding tanks so i went ahead and pulled the trigger!

On wednseday i will be recieving 5 of them. I know its a huge risk but if i can keep this fish i will be so stoked. So we shall see.. I plan on keeping them in their own tank for the first few weeks and plan on adding them and the anthias to the new display before any other fish once it comes...

fingers crossed... Anyone having success with these fish from DD?

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright... So we lost one in shipping but the 4 that made it look great. Haven't eaten anything yet but they are very active, friendly fish. They never hide, always out swimming together.
Someone needs to get a breeding
Program going with these little critters..
a7f076f4.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet little fish. I have always thought of adding some as well.

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA nice fish...where did you get them? my lady has been bugging me to add some of those...

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, i REALLY like them a lot. I picked them up off divers den. They look like they acclimated well but haven't started to eat yet. From what I've read it's going to be a mission to get them to eat but we'll see.

Ha they are super tiny, maybe a little over an inch. everyone says they look like guppies

Salinas Hawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I just read this thread from the beginning. What a journey. I'm glad you're getting settled in. The scape idea is cool, and I too have always wanted a school of those red spot cardinals. They are on DD from time to time.

How's the surge coming?

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I just read this thread from the beginning. What a journey. I'm glad you're getting settled in. The scape idea is cool, and I too have always wanted a school of those red spot cardinals. They are on DD from time to time.

How's the surge coming?

Thanks man, I'd tell you to cruz over and check it out but i know you're on the other side of the world now ha.

as for the surge, with the way the tanks are set up it looks like I'm not going to be able to pull it off. I was originally going to place the tanks along the wall of the garage so i could mount the surge tanks but with all my room mates junk there just isn't enough room.

ha maybe on the next system.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright... So we lost one in shipping but the 4 that made it look great. Haven't eaten anything yet but they are very active, friendly fish. They never hide, always out swimming together.
Someone needs to get a breeding
Program going with these little critters..
a7f076f4.jpg
awesome man! hope they do well for yah. keep us posted. hope they eat something soon. :)

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man next time you place a DD order hit me up!!!! I always want somthing from them.

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom. Red spot cardinals eating frozen mysis like crazy. So stoked.

After observing these fish I've decided they will reside in my 90 prop system to try and get them to spawn.. They are extremely skittish and I think they won't be happy in my new display. There will be too many active fish in there..

I Love these fish tho. They are great and I may try to get a few More if these 3 make it for an extended period.

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha thanks guys. My tank is in shambles right now tho. I wake up everyday hoping I get a call my new display is ready for pick-up.

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man.. There is a nice female trio of Lyretail anthias on divers den.. I really wish I had my new display so i could snag them. dang it.

I'm hoping it'll be done next week, i want to call and ask but i don't want to be a pest haha

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyway, so i was thinking.. the addition of this new display to my system is going to be quite large... The system now is only 130g. This weekend i plan to plumb in my 90g sump to replace the 55g i have running on it now.. this will bring the water volume up to around 195g..

I was thinking when i add the new 180g display.. i'll fill it up with water, add the sand, let the dust settle, warm it up and then only open the valve to it a little bit so the new water is SLOWLY added to the system...

what do you guys think? This is going to be full blown doubling my water volume on an already shaky system, ha. so i want to be cautious

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you think a lot...slow and steady wins the race in the reefing game. Cant wait to see the new system!

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you think a lot...slow and steady wins the race in the reefing game. Cant wait to see the new system!

haha yes i guess i do think a lot. Yeah i'm just going to open the valve a little bit and slowly add the new water.

Picking up the new display on THURSDAY!!

New Lyretail female Trio
photo2-58.jpg

tank... I have WAY too many fish in here right now.. i know..
photo1-40.jpg

photo3-42.jpg

photo4-32.jpg

photo-80.jpg

photo5-21.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back