DB's Miracles 110 Journal

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo, been awhile since I posted on R2R, been lurking and super busy! I have been working on a new 110 that I picked up locally (used). It's a Miracles 110 rimless, and I REALLY love this tank. I had my 57 and that wasn't cutting it, so I picked up a 180 (used) and decided I just couldn't stand the rim / trim.... So I sold it and found the 110, current budget wouldn't allow for a new (larger) custom rimless, at this time...

Anyways, I have been slowly piecing it together and finally have it near ready. I just filled with freshwater to test for leaks, now all I need to do is the electrical / wiring, etc. and she will be ready for marine life! Now to remember how to post pics from Flickr.... *fingers crossed* I'm sure you kind folks will let me know if they are not showing. Thanks for checking it out and also please comment! I'm still debating how I will mount my Apex, MP power supplies, Kessil power supplies, etc... Any suggestions are VERY welcomed!

Miracles 110 rimless, right after a vinegar bath.

15314179416_f9c9c335b7.jpg

Old school color didn't match my office furniture, so it had to go.... I wanted a steel stand...maybe on the next BIG build :)

RO skimmer I picked up locally, with upgraded bubble blaster pump... Probably overkill for a 110 (it was intended for the 180)

Shaggy Dog (my 6 year old named him) Helping me with the sanding.

15150623548_7cc7eeda5e.jpg

Yeah I put the wife to work too....

Researched and found what I needed! Mucho DARK!

Gel stain vs. normal stain.... No comparison

LOVE this stuff.

Holds the wood grain and made it match my office furniture, couldn't be happier...

I wanted the interior to be bright white, used a mildew resistant all in one sealer / paint.

Front view, love the dark wood grain now

Finished!

My external fuge that I also purchased used, was loaded with scratches... easy fix...

Very happy with a used Lifereef sump that I picked up... Some tweaks and it worked for what I needed.

Woot toys and plumbing!

Did not want to drill another hole, so ended up plumbing over the top into the overflow. Not what I wanted, but it works. I used the 2 original holes for a "Herbie" overflow, because it has worked flawlessly for me on my last two builds.

Aluminum extrusion for my light rack. Holding (2) Kessil 360we's for now. I might supplement down the road.

Still some tweaking to do, but hey she doesn't leak!

Voila! No leaks! (fresh water test)

Kessil shimmer is fantastic....

OP
OP
Reeflogic

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dave :) It wont be long! Glad to see that the photos actually worked. I have to make room for all your shrooms :)

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great! I love the size/specs of that setup. Those kessils are awesome.

OP
OP
Reeflogic

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks lux, I am VERY happy with them so far. I had them hanging over my temporary system which has all my corals and fish and I love the colors... and that shimmer... Should have life in the following weeks! I just need to figure out my wiring and placement of the apex, etc. and good to go :)

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I still have that "fix rats nest" project on my to do list. Along with "make tank look awesome like others" and "figure out why cats immediately sit on anything you put on the ground or table". All of which are equally difficult lol

OP
OP
Reeflogic

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, I hear ya! I ordered a wire raceway, so hopefully my "rats nest" isn't so bad this go round haha. I just picked up some coated wire shelving things as I brainstormed at Menard's, I think I have my solution! Pics to follow soon :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reeflogic

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my corals and rock are holding in my 100g Rubbermaid tub, I have most of my fish and some other rock and corals in my 40g breeder system. Can't wait to get everything back together.

jkirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Very similar to the system i want to setup soon. Was thinking about using kessils also

OP
OP
Reeflogic

Reeflogic