DC pump affect Reefer overflow water level?

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been rather confused as to why the water level in my overflow box is constantly fluctuating in my reefer 250. I’ve cleaned the down pipe and the gate valve and still have issues. I’m starting to suspect either 1) varios 2 DC pump is not providing consistent flow and is fluctuating or 2) power heads are on back glass with random water flow settings so perhaps more gets pushed into overflow at certain times? Has anyone had similar issues or can speak to DC pumps and consistency of flow?

Thanks!

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this issue with my old 425xl. I found the older Red Sea gate valve was the issue. It’s honestly terrible! The new one has supposed to have solved this issue. How old is the tank? Obviously there is a chance your pumps etc are effecting it too of course.

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two xf350s will absolutely ebb and flow my ghost overflow box depending what setting they're on. Tank is 250g

OP
OP
kartrsu

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this issue with my old 425xl. I found the older Red Sea gate valve was the issue. It’s honestly terrible! The new one has supposed to have solved this issue. How old is the tank? Obviously there is a chance your pumps etc are effecting it too of course.
I bought my tank in 2020, but I know the valve sucks. Maybe I change to another type of valve, but I wonder if DC pump could also be issue. Apparently varios is like oldest DC pump and well reviewed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back