DC pump for IM 14 peninsula

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 3 year old sicce 1.0 in my IM is starting to get finicky after I power it off for feeding the tank. I can just pick up another 1.0 but would like a DC if I can find one that fits.

I know that the IM mighty jet sort of fits, but so tightly that it creates micro bubble problems.

Are there any IM 20peninsula/ 14 peninsula / 10 cube owners out there who have something different in their tank, I have been digging through all the build threads and don’t see much.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the Nuvo 14 and Nuvo 20. Both have a Mighty Jet. I had some micro bubbles in the 14. I raised the water level with the Tunze ato switches and the bubbles were gone. The Nuvo 20 doesn't seem to have as much flow as I'd like. The problem is the 2.8" width of the chamber. I was thinking of trying one of the Eheim CompactOn pumps or just going with an MP10.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same setup on this. I pulled the mighty jet because after a month the micro bubbles were still there. Actually I pulled the factory ac pump because it was the noisiest pump I’ve ever heard. Bought the syncra 1.0 and used it for 2.5 years. Decided to try the 328 mighty jet, pulled it after a month and went back to the syncra. There is a Jebao that looks to fit. Maybe I roll the dice on that. I’ve had good luck with their SLW-wave maker.

Back