Dc pump with balls????

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there such a thing? All the pumps that I’ve looked at seem to be between 12 and 16 feet max head pressure… I won’t be pumping that high but I do have a few elbows and a few different directions that the water will need to go. I typically run and Iwaki pressure pump and it does anything and everything that I needed to do… I’m leaning towards just going back with that but I was wondering if there was a DC pump that you guys think would actually push through my plumbing ????

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vectra l2. I just put one in last week. Love it. Had a simplicity for a short time. Night and day difference between the 2. Even though the simplicity claims it moves more, the l2 kills it.

Max head of 21.5 I do believe.

OP
OP
phil bevilacqua

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty. I looked at the vectra s2 and it’s like 11.5ft. So I figured they were all weak as balls ..... ty for sharing the L series! If it can pump 21 feet that’s plenty of pressure to do what I need Thanks guys

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there such a thing? All the pumps that I’ve looked at seem to be between 12 and 16 feet max head pressure… I won’t be pumping that high but I do have a few elbows and a few different directions that the water will need to go. I typically run and Iwaki pressure pump and it does anything and everything that I needed to do… I’m leaning towards just going back with that but I was wondering if there was a DC pump that you guys think would actually push through my plumbing ????
Coralvue has a pump with balls, Germany made, 10 year warranty, under $2000.

DanConnor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno... I had an L1 pumping up from the basement and across the house and it was not impressive. Sold it for an iwaki 40 rlt

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a second look this morning. I can't find any nuggets on the Red Dragon. But it does have the pressure ratings your looking for. :p

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting two pumps in series doubles the pressure at the output of the second pump. The flow rate at zero head pressure would be the same, but would pump twice as high as a single pump. Two $300 DC pumps would push some good pressure, but you would have to spend a few hundred more to get two DC pumps that equal the MD100.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Abyzz certainly has the cojones you're after...at a price.

Haven't seen a single negative review/feedback just yet.

Last edited:

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my EcoTech Vectra L2 today. (replacement for L1, after 3 years) Plan to re-plumb in the next few days. I'll post with my experience and keep updating in regard to performance and reliability.
IMG_4005.jpg

drwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao, quiet, cool, and not too expensive. I run 2 DCP20000 that provide 32 feet of head and over 5200 gph with minimal head pressure loss. I have been very happy with them.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vectra is great for flow but does poorly against pressure. Hard to beat Iwaki (or panworld) for muscle and reliability.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno... I had an L1 pumping up from the basement and across the house and it was not impressive. Sold it for an iwaki 40 rlt

That's a bit far for that pump. An application like up a floor and across the house would definitely need a pressure-rated pump.

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vectra is great for flow but does poorly against pressure. Hard to beat Iwaki (or panworld) for muscle and reliability.
Not dismissing your claim, for sure. However, the Vectra L2 is EcoTech's newest release. I'm in Florida, and we don't have basements, so I'm not running a lot of head height (62" with a Tee off for the reactors. Each with their own control valve). I was running multiple reactors (x3) and running at 80% with the L1, split return...plenty of pressure. Obviously, as I'm assuming most are aware, the Vectra L1 had issues with overheating, internally. Although mine lasted 3 years without a problem...till I did (last week).
I'll do my best, as I've not been involved in the community, to get involved and share my experience.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back