DC pumps for the ASM G6 skimmer?

Twitchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R, I have a ASM G6 skimmer that came with the 600 gallon, but I have yet to commit to running it due to its massive power draw... It is crazy that the pumps draw close to 320 watts! At first I was going to source a used SRO3000 or 5000 and sell off the ASM, but I have heard about others who upgrade their old ASM skimmers with DC pumps
I was looking at maybe getting a set of DC pumps for power savings, and performance improvements. Anyone have any experience with this? the skimmer currently uses 2x Sedra KSP-15000 pumps on it. not sure what brands/ sizes of DC skimmer pumps are available for skimmers of this size. and is it worth the upgrade vs. getting a new(secondhand) skimmer?

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what pumps would be suitable for your skimmer. I replaced the pump on my recurculating ASM G4. It definatly saved on the electric bill. The ASM skimmers work very well and are pretty much set and for get. Makes it hard to justify the cost of a new skimmer, most of which are finicky from what I have heard and seen.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back