Blue Hornets
IMG_0124.jpg

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lookin hornets I am still only at 1p of the black hornets wanted to ask you if they grow quick for you the purples are the quickest of all the hornets imo

OP
OP
ddiver

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lookin hornets I am still only at 1p of the black hornets wanted to ask you if they grow quick for you the purples are the quickest of all the hornets imo

The blacks grow way slow....A polyp every few months.My Reds ,blues,and purples grow at about the same pace, anywhere from 5-10 polyps a month..

Last edited:

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice close up shots of a very cool collections!! I like the fact that your macro shots are pretty close to the actual color representation.

Don't mind if I can ask which particular camera and lens do you use for these shots?

Thx,
Paul

OP
OP
ddiver

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.Thats what I was aiming for so that people can see what they really look like when the daylights are on.Obviously they all would look better under blues as we already know. I just figured I get pretty good colors anyways why not take daylight pics for others to reference.As for the photography, this is actually kind of funny because ever since I started the thread, I've gotten a few Pms asking about my techniques.Its funny because the truth is I'm just a noob.I love photography but I'm not into photography like that.I bought a Canon Rebel XTi ,which was one of their first of the DSLR years ago, a user guide from Borders and kind of taught myself how to use it.(Along with some expert advice from Ben)The lens on it is the kit lens so nothing fancy.All I do is adjust ISO and shutter speed along with real steady hands....I go through quite a few pics and settings to get that one good pic...and I don't do any post editing...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back