DDR/DOS hack with Optical Switches

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added the plug/hack to my DOS to show the fluid monitoring of a DDR as that’s discussed in more detail here.

Im curious to know whether there’s a breakdown somewhere of what each of the DDR plug pins are for, and if so, whether you can buy the Neptune optical switch separately and wire it into the?

OP
OP
ekandler

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wire the Neptune optical sensors into the...?
Go to the link, if it’s not working right it’s reply #813 in the thread linked. You can buy 6-pin connectors, same is used for the DDR to plug into the DOS, and if you wire in a resistor across 2 of the terminals your apex will think a DDR is plugged in, when there isnt. That makes the DDR containers appear in Fusion, which means it will monitor fluid usage of the DOS. A feature which should be available without a DDR… but Neptune is greedy.

so if the 6 pins, 2 of them must be just for the DOS to acknowledge the presence of a DDR and the other 4 must be a positive and negative for the 2 optical sensors in the DDR. I have the 6-pin connector wired up without the optical sensors and it’s working as intended, but I’m assuming it wouldn’t be hard to add the optical sensors in if you know the pin pattern. Basically you’d have a fully functioning dosing container acting as a DDR without paying $250, and can use any container you want.

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth I used a 100 ohm resistor and it worked to activate the DDR graphic. I know people have just bare wire jumpered but I figured it might just be safer to use the resistor anyway.

OP
OP
ekandler

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth I used a 100 ohm resistor and it worked to activate the DDR graphic. I know people have just bare wire jumpered but I figured it might just be safer to use the resistor anyway.
Same, I did as well. Same as you, I’ve seen people just use wires but adding the resistor isn’t hard and I’d rather be safe than not.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back