Dead anenome??

  • Thread starter Thread starter grayor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

grayor

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2026
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
portland
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gallon tank recently. My anemone went missing for about a week I didn’t think too much of it while I was flipping over rocks I found a blip that smelled horrible and sort of looked like a BTA, I’m not sure if it was that or something else, I would have expected the nem to nuke my tank when it dies, it was around 1 inch, is it likely it would of died without nuking the tank?
 
Well if you haven’t seen the anemone in a while, and what you found resembled it and smelled bad? I would think that would be your anemone
 
They can die without harming the tank. You should run carbon. How old is the tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new