Dead coral beauty

mxzx8004

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all,

We introduced a coral beauty a few weeks ago. She never ate like the two clowns we already had. Was always hiding. This am I had to pull it and discard of it. Was this internal parasites? Should I be worried about the other fish?

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_2056.mov
    5.9 MB
  • IMG_2057.mov
    32.3 MB
OP
OP
M

mxzx8004

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W
Some members cannot see videos unless uploaded from you tube.
Well that’s silly.

First picture is of the fish a few days ago, there was almost a silver/clear/white spot on its side. The second was it stuck to the Wavemaker and the third is once I turned the Wavemaker off. I didn’t get attached to it as I told my wife after a few days of it not eating I didn’t think it was going to last :(. Hoping my lfs refunds me but worried about other tank inhabitants.

Attachments

• IMG_2059.jpeg
    IMG_2059.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2060.png
    IMG_2060.png
    744.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2061.png
    IMG_2061.png
    1 MB · Views: 36

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did you have this fish? Did you perform any type of QT? I assume you didn't see the spot in the first photo until just a few days ago?

What other fish are in the tank? Have you seen any aggression from other fish. You mentioned the fish had not been eating. Do you know for how long?

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
M

mxzx8004

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did you have this fish? Did you perform any type of QT? I assume you didn't see the spot in the first photo until just a few days ago?

What other fish are in the tank? Have you seen any aggression from other fish. You mentioned the fish had not been eating. Do you know for how long?
Hey there, it was with us for abour 2.5 weeks. The store I get stuff from QT's special ordered fish before pickup so I didn't do a QT here but will do that as well moving forward. There are 2 clowns and a blue tang in the tank, they are very friendly, but we discovered that the coral beauty was missing her pectoral fin, not sure if it was attacked? It ate a few things of the rocks the first 2 days and then it stopped eating period.

OP
OP
M

mxzx8004

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your LFS refunds you on a fish that you bought a few weeks ago… every reefer in America will buy from them!
;)
Too bad its in Canada, they have already refunded me ;). More concerned about the other's being infected with something more so than the $$

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W

Well that’s silly.

First picture is of the fish a few days ago, there was almost a silver/clear/white spot on its side. The second was it stuck to the Wavemaker and the third is once I turned the Wavemaker off. I didn’t get attached to it as I told my wife after a few days of it not eating I didn’t think it was going to last :(. Hoping my lfs refunds me but worried about other tank inhabitants.
I’m leaning towards both bullying and and a direct attack.
I’d go into hold mode for a bit to see if anything develops.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back