dead decorator urchin what issues can it cause

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
2,625
Reaction score
2,194
Location
Adelaide, South Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been having issues with NO3/PO4 being higher than normal lately.
I realised I've not seen my decorator urchin in a few days.
I just found it's empty shell 2 days ago.

Would that have been the cause of my issues?
I did test for Ammonia a few days ago which showed no Ammonia but by then it could have broken down to NO3 and other toxins?
 
It's really difficult to say imo. Unless there is something obviously wrong with the tank water, I don't think you will find an answer
 
what killed it too?
I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 maybe 2 pistol shrimp. It was in the tank from just a few weeks old. Tiny little thing and survived 12 months. I have a long spine urchin that's been with me since week 2 and it's very healthy.
Curios to know what killed it but will never know
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new