Dead fish after math?

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My powder blue got ich, not having a quarantine tank I tried keeping him fed well with mysis and garlic, freshwater dip and so on. The last two days he was blind. Today, I cant find him.

I've moved half my rocks but the other half I really dont want to move as I think I'll end up breaking several sps in the process.
Im wondering, if he is dead, how bad will it be for my tank if I left him wherever he is? I've been in the hobby for a fairly long time now but I've always been able to find my fish that passed away so I've not really considered this until now.

Tank is a 90g with 20g sump.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How big a tang. Do you have a good clean up crew? I would get it out I guess. But I set up my rock to be movable

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe 4". I have big conches and turbos.

The rocks on the right I was able to check under but the left is what I don't want to move...

DSCN2622.JPG

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe 4". I have big conches and turbos.

The rocks on the right I was able to check under but the left is what I don't want to move...

DSCN2622.JPG
Nice tank. Might still try. How long has it been up. This is probably stupid but any chance it jumped out

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its close to 7 months old. He couldnt jump as I have a tall canopy.

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried both and nothing. Could he maybe still be alive and just hiding well?

Crazeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a clownfish in my Evo 13.5g and couldn't find it. I ended up with a massive algae bloom from the nutrients but otherwise got by fine, I'd like to think given the size of your tank so will you, but every case is different and the tang was likely bigger than my clown. Keep an eye on your ammonia and maybe dose some prime as a precautionary measure in case it does spike. Keep on top of water changes over next few weeks and maybe change a bit extra, see how it goes.

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. I was able to see him this morning. Must have floated out when the power heads were on night mode. I was able to remove him. RIP buddy.

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss ... powderblues are one of my favorite tangs, and on my stocking list for sure.

~Bruce

I need to not mess around any more and just get a tank set up for quarantine. Yeah they are a beautiful fish and I've never had such a social fish, he was always out and following my every move.

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for you, I'm sorry :(
My Tomini died about a month ago. after a day and a half searching for him i finally found him stuck to the side of the powerhead. Guess it sucked him onto it after he passed.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back