Dead Fish - Unable to remove..

adamf83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago I noticed my goby had gone AWOL, assumed dead. That’s been confirmed this evening when I tested the water, my nitrates have spiked from 15 to 35. I managed to get a look at the dead fish (can’t tell how much is left from what I can see) but in attempt to remove it, I’ve moved it out of reach, maybe under a rock (not exactly sure).

I‘m now wondering what to do… Do I leave it, let the CUC finish it off, whilst keeping an eye on the water parameters, or something else. I don’t want to have to completely dismantle the scape and risk making things worse.

Any suggestions?

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago I noticed my goby had gone AWOL, assumed dead. That’s been confirmed this evening when I tested the water, my nitrates have spiked from 15 to 35. I managed to get a look at the dead fish (can’t tell how much is left from what I can see) but in attempt to remove it, I’ve moved it out of reach, maybe under a rock (not exactly sure).

I‘m now wondering what to do… Do I leave it, let the CUC finish it off, whilst keeping an eye on the water parameters, or something else. I don’t want to have to completely dismantle the scape and risk making things worse.

Any suggestions?
Right on! Let the clean up crew have dinner and you should consider a water change. That being said. Your nitrates were probably already 35. Check ammonia levels though. That should be your main concern. Still water change though. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

adamf83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on! Let the clean up crew have dinner and you should consider a water change. That being said. Your nitrates were probably already 35. Check ammonia levels though. That should be your main concern. Still water change though. Good luck.
Thanks. I have a water change planned for tomorrow and just tested the water for ammonia, it looks good , but I’ll keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have a water change planned for tomorrow and just tested the water for ammonia, it looks good , but I’ll keep an eye on it over the next few days.
Great. If your ammonia is good, you’re good to go. As for your nitrates, gravel vac, turkey baste your rock scape, add carbon monthly, no over feeding, no over stocked tank, if you have filter socks, clean twice a week. Keep skimmer empty. These all help a little, to help completely. Best to you.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back