Dead fish

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i screwed up and turned my mp10 on while my fairy wrasse was chillin out in it . It was off for feeding. He didn’t die right away but was marked up pretty good, lost some scales and torn fins. Found him this morning in his hiding spot dead, with hermits, Astrea Snail, bumble bee snail munching on him. So my question should i net it or let them have at it. I’ve lost fish before I never found, with no Ill effects on the tank.

OP
OP
I

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp I posted this at 8am and now it’s noon and they have made quick work of him. And still going at the tiny white bones. I’m kinda shocked they consumed him that quick. I see why I never found 1 other fish that disappeared.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you can get the fish out without having to rearrange your set up or disturbing too much I’d definitely do so. Just saves excess nutrients or potential ammonia spike for you.

OP
OP
I

Isiah1820

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you can get the fish out without having to rearrange your set up or disturbing too much I’d definitely do so. Just saves excess nutrients or potential ammonia spike for you.
He was in a spot where I could have netted him. But like my post says he was covered in my CUC so I let them do their job. And I checked back and they clean it to the bone. I barely see any bone honestly.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was in a spot where I could have netted him. But like my post says he was covered in my CUC so I let them do their job. And I checked back and they clean it to the bone. I barely see any bone honestly.
Yeah they didn’t waste any time did they. Sorry to hear about the fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So i screwed up and turned my mp10 on while my fairy wrasse was chillin out in it . It was off for feeding. He didn’t die right away but was marked up pretty good, lost some scales and torn fins. Found him this morning in his hiding spot dead, with hermits, Astrea Snail, bumble bee snail munching on him. So my question should i net it or let them have at it. I’ve lost fish before I never found, with no Ill effects on the tank.
I never turn mine off but this happens. Years ago, I had a lawnmower blenny who moved into the powerhead during power outage and when mower resumed, pieces of him went flying

Back