Dead silent skimmer for 40g AIO

VanIsleReefTherapy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2022
Messages
81
Reaction score
93
Location
Victoria, BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I have my tank 2 feet from my head all day while I'm doing counselling. I want a protein skimmer that's dead silent and doesn't stick up out of the water too much. Noise is most important, though. Tank is a c-vue 40g AIO.

I might also get one for my Evo 13.5.

Thanks!
 
Hi folks,

I have my tank 2 feet from my head all day while I'm doing counselling. I want a protein skimmer that's dead silent and doesn't stick up out of the water too much. Noise is most important, though. Tank is a c-vue 40g AIO.

I might also get one for my Evo 13.5.

Thanks!
Tunze 9001
 
You will never find one that is completely silent
Alas, nothing in this world is perfect. I'm looking for the closest thing I can get. I've had a few folks recommend Tunze, I am guessing the DC version is the quietest of the two, but it's so hard to tell if it makes enough difference to be half again more expensive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new