Dealing with aiptasia?

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through a bad infestation of Aiptasia now...just bought some Peppermint and slugs and F aiptasia...

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had north of 30 aiptasia in my 75 gallon. Used 3 peppermint shrimp and Joes Juice to get number down to 4 that I can see. The Juice seems to knock them back, and any new smaller ones that pop up the pepps snack on. If yours are on a coral that’s on a plug, I’d remove the plug and try to treat outside the tank with some Kalk paste or something. If they start to propagate in the tank, it will be a future of managing their presence most likely. But, IMHO pests are part of the hobby, and you’ll get some that sneak by from time to time. Most are manageable and you just handle it and move on…

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through a bad infestation of Aiptasia now...just bought some Peppermint and slugs and F aiptasia...
Peppermint shrimp will eat the "Slugs" (berghia). It's recommended you only use one form to kill aptasia at a time.
F-aptaisia should be not used while you have berghia in the system. You may inadvertently cover them up or cover up their food supply which in either case they will die.

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp will eat the "Slugs" (berghia). It's recommended you only use one form to kill aptasia at a time.
F-aptaisia should be not used while you have berghia in the system. You may inadvertently cover them up or cover up their food supply which in either case they will die.
Ahhh. gotcha

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back