December Club Meeting

What sort of gift exchange would you prefer to participate in?

• White Elephant

• Secret Santa

• Neither, I just want to socialize without the pressure of buying a gift

Results are only viewable after voting.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow ORC members!

Just wanted to let you know that December's meeting will take place December 3rd from 6-8pm at Ocala Reef.

We will be having a general social gathering and discussing plans for 2018; including meeting locations and topics, club activities, Reef-A-Palooza, and more!

In addition please vote in the poll concerning December's meeting. We have long discussed doing some sort of gift exchange, if there are enough people who would like to participate. Based off discussion from the November Meeting, we have narrowed it down to two options so please read the descriptions before voting.

White Elephant: this is a gift exchange where participants follow a given price limit and gifts are provided and then selected by a participant, following participants are allowed to select either a new gift or "steal" one that has already been selected. This activity is usually a lot of fun but can also be time consuming.

Secret Santa: Participants are given the name of a fellow participant who does not know who is giving them a gift. Names are assigned at random and gifts must follow a given price limit.

Price limit would be set to $20.

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I like the idea, but after thinking it over I voted "neither." I'm happy to participate if we end up doing it, but I'm also afraid it might discourage others. I will try to be there regardless of the plan.

Thanks!
Ed

Ragin878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally a active club in my area yay! So I would like to attend the meeting. Just need to make sure I dont have to work that day.

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Just a reminder that the ORC meeting is this Sunday the 3rd from 6-8pm at Ocala Reef.

After consideration, we have decided to not do a gift exchange this year (maybe it will be in the club's future).

However, it may be fun to do a pot luck style get together. Ocala Reef has offered to provide plates, utensils, and a ham. If you can or would like to bring something, please respond with what you are bringing to avoid duplicates.

Remember that it is free to be a member of the Ocala Reef Club, we just ask you come with an open mind and friendly attitude! And don't forget to invite (or drag along) and of your reefing friends.

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pot luck go-to is shrimp ceviche, so long as no one is allergic...

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning fellow ORC members! We just wanted to remind everyone about tonight's meeting which is being held at Ocala Reef from 6-8pm! We are having a potluck style social meeting feel free to bring any snacks to share. We will be deciding what topics we would like to learn about the next few meetings as well as who would be interested in hosting the meetings.

Look forward to seeing everyone tonight!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back