December's Year-end Meeting Review

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to those of you who came out last night. It was a slightly smaller showing than normal but things come up.

I wanted to provide a review of what was discussed/decided last night.

Recruiting/Outreach
If you have friends or know fellow hobbyists please reach out to them and share what we are doing and our meeting dates. Remember it is free to join and participate in the Ocala Reef Club, we only ask that you come with an open mind and positive attitude.

Meeting Dates:
We will skip January's meeting due to how close it is to following the holidays and everyone's schedule. We also determined that with Reef-A-Palooza moving to April that we would like to do a morning get-together for breakfast prior to RAP at a location TBD. WE will then take June and July off to account for travelling/vacations.

Upcoming Dates:
February 4th
March 4th
April - Breakfast meeting before Reef-A-Palooza
May 6th

Meeting Hosts:
We would like to see if there are more people willing to host meetings. Part of the goal of the club is to be able to share the knowledge and experience of its members so having more tanks available to visit would be greatly beneficial.

Upcoming meeting sites:
February: Brandon (@G8rNation )
March: Jeremy & Nicole ( @Js.Aqua.Project )
April: Reef-A-Palooza (breakfast before at IHOP? Denny's?)
May: Scott (@Old school 55 )

Meeting Topics:
As stated the goal of the club is to be a source of support and knowledge from and for the members. If you have something you would like to learn about, please share that so we can find out who would be best suited to lead that meeting.

Upcoming Topics:
February: DIY Rock and Aquascaping
March: Disease/Parasite ID and treatment/quarantine procedures
April: Reef-A-Palooza (will have multiple presenters)
May: Reefing on a budget

Other Discussions:
-We discussed doing fundraisers to donate to groups who support our natural reefs such as the Coral Restoration Foundation (one simple thing to do for the Amazon shoppers is to shop via Amazon Smile - smile.amazon.com - and set them as your charity).
-Setting up a Spring/Summer 2019 trip to work with the Coral Restoration Foundation planting corals back on Florida's reef
-Group scuba dive class through Ocala Dive

Side Note:
There was a ruling made that Sean (@S-t-r-e-t-c-h ) must bring his ceviche to any meeting he attends...sorry, but the people have spoken...

Again, a big thank you to those of you who were able to come out last night, we look forward to seeing all of you February 4th, 2018 at Brandon's from 6-8pm. Don't forget to invite and bring your friends!

Last edited:

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to those of you who came out last night. It was a slightly smaller showing than normal but things come up.

I wanted to provide a review of what was discussed/decided last night.

Recruiting/Outreach
If you have friends or know fellow hobbyists please reach out to them and share what we are doing and our meeting dates. Remember it is free to join and participate in the Ocala Reef Club, we only ask that you come with an open mind and positive attitude.

Meeting Dates:
We will skip January's meeting due to how close it is to following the holidays and everyone's schedule. We also determined that with Reef-A-Palooza moving to April that we would like to do a morning get-together for breakfast prior to RAP at a location TBD. WE will then take June and July off to account for travelling/vacations.

Upcoming Dates:
February 4th
March 4th
April - Breakfast meeting before Reef-A-Palooza
May 6th

Meeting Hosts:
We would like to see if there are more people willing to host meetings. Part of the goal of the club is to be able to share the knowledge and experience of its members so having more tanks available to visit would be greatly beneficial.

Upcoming meeting sites:
February: Brandon (@G8rNation )
March: Jeremy & Nicole ( @Js.Aqua.Project )
April: Reef-A-Palooza (breakfast before at IHOP? Denny's?)
May: Scott (@Old school 55 )

Meeting Topics:
As stated the goal of the club is to be a source of support and knowledge from and for the members. If you have something you would like to learn about, please share that so we can find out who would be best suited to lead that meeting.

Upcoming Topics:
February: DIY Rock and Aquascaping
March: Disease/Parasite ID and treatment/quarantine procedures
April: Reef-A-Palooza (will have multiple presenters)
May: Reefing on a budget

Other Discussions:
-We discussed doing fundraisers to donate to groups who support our natural reefs such as the Coral Restoration Foundation (one simple thing to do for the Amazon shoppers is to shop via Amazon Smile - smile.amazon.com - and set them as your charity).
-Setting up a Spring/Summer 2019 trip to work with the Coral Restoration Foundation planting corals back on Florida's reef
-Group scuba dive class through Ocala Dive

Side Note:
There was a ruling made that Sean (@S-t-r-e-t-c-h ) must bring his ceviche to any meeting he attends...sorry, but the people have spoken...

Again, a big thank you to those of you who were able to come out last night, we look forward to seeing all of you February 4th, 2018 at Brandon's from 6-8pm. Don't forget to invite and bring your friends!

I see you have an active Reef Club...I would be interested in attending on Feb 4th...Can I get some information as to the location (Brandon's)...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back