OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank is just entering the ugly phase Mike. cycle ended 11/7. Over the last week, after 2 20% water changes, running lights at 3 hour's daily. Seeing green hair algae, maybe bryopsis...but the algae scrubber is in full overdrive. Pulled out a thick green mat last week.

I think I had some too. My angel seems to be nipping at it :p

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what us old people are here for. It's just nice when folks listen :)

Thank you for your service. You are appreciated more than you know.

I will have two sons entering the service over the next year and a half.

If you need anything, you let us know.

Thank you :)

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pdiehm @Geebs19 @Bos @wallace @MTBake @ihavecrabs @leptang @JasonK84 @NS Mike D @Mycota @reeferfoxx @SkinnyMcGinny @Katrina71 @Bayareareefer18 @dantimdad @MightyMouse85

I know obviously my tank has a long way to go and all. And I'll be adding stuff here and there based on the million threads ive posted and the suggestions you all have given. But I just wanna thank you everyone (I know theres a lot more people that helped and continue to help) for guiding me in the right direction. I hope at some point I can do the same as you all and pass on the knowledge :)

I sometimes think to myself, what a bunch of awesome people.
I spent 4 years in the army and have ptsd and depression and all that. It was a tough road. So fish keeping has been my go to. R2R is the coolest thing ever. Sorry for being a pain in the a** and asking 10000 questions [emoji14]

On that note, I was wondering if any of you have kept a melanurus wrasse?? I've been looking at them and a kole tang lately .
Anytime. Always ask those questions this forum is great. I am new to the hobby since March so still in the learning phase but definitely try to share my experience when I can to help others.

Thank you for your service as well. Couple years ago I did a couple fountain builds for a couple VA hospitals. They were built for a tranquil place for those with PTSD. Nice to give back a little bit

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime. Always ask those questions this forum is great. I am new to the hobby since March so still in the learning phase but definitely try to share my experience when I can to help others.

Thank you for your service as well. Couple years ago I did a couple fountain builds for a couple VA hospitals. They were built for a tranquil place for those with PTSD. Nice to give back a little bit

Thats really cool! :) were they an outdoor thing I'm guessing?

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pdiehm @Geebs19 @Bos @wallace @MTBake @ihavecrabs @leptang @JasonK84 @NS Mike D @Mycota @reeferfoxx @SkinnyMcGinny @Katrina71 @Bayareareefer18 @dantimdad @MightyMouse85

I know obviously my tank has a long way to go and all. And I'll be adding stuff here and there based on the million threads ive posted and the suggestions you all have given. But I just wanna thank you everyone (I know theres a lot more people that helped and continue to help) for guiding me in the right direction. I hope at some point I can do the same as you all and pass on the knowledge :)

I spent 4 years in the army and have ptsd and depression and all that. It was a tough road. So fish keeping has been my go to. R2R is the coolest thing ever. Sorry for being a pain in the a** and asking 10000 questions :p

On that note, I was wondering if any of you have kept a melanurus wrasse?? I've been looking at them and a kole tang lately .

Really glad to see you powered through this:)

Don't hesitate to ask questions when they pop up. We'll be around to help.

Thank you for your service as well. Much appreciated for sure.

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really glad to see you powered through this:)

Don't hesitate to ask questions when they pop up. We'll be around to help.

Thank you for your service as well. Much appreciated for sure.

Thank you! :)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike1995.
Birth year or HS graduation?
I know about that syndrome
PTSD, isn't that the Pennsylvania Tank Strategic Decision?

You made a good choice coming on here. Lots of interesting folks that reef to forget and move forward.

I've wanted to drain my own tank for about a year. I'm currently waiting for a clam shipment from one of the vendor's that supports this site. None of this makes any sense, but just keep working with the tank and it will keep you occupied and some day it will be nicer than mine. :)

In some ways it already is, really.

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike1995.
Birth year or HS graduation?
I know about that syndrome
PTSD, isn't that the Pennsylvania Tank Strategic Decision?

You made a good choice coming on here. Lots of interesting folks that reef to forget and move forward.

I've wanted to drain my own tank for about a year. I'm currently waiting for a clam shipment from one of the vendor's that supports this site. None of this makes any sense, but just keep working with the tank and it will keep you occupied and some day it will be nicer than mine. :)

In some ways it already is, really.

Post tramatic stress disorder :p 1995 is my birth year lol.

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I spent 4 years in the army and have ptsd and depression and all that. It was a tough road. So fish keeping has been my go to. R2R is the coolest thing ever. Sorry for being a pain in the a** and asking 10000 questions :p

No problem at all man. We all thank you for your input as well man. Keep it up dude tank is looking great. I'm still dealing with this **** GHA so don't be too harsh on yourself

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey I found an eBay coral seller! cultivatedcorals4. Tell him I sent you.

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem at all man. We all thank you for your input as well man. Keep it up dude tank is looking great. I'm still dealing with this **** GHA so don't be too harsh on yourself

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20181130_092042.jpg

Melanurus wrasse :)

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dantimdad
Hey, so I have this black algea looking stuff growing all over. It's in spots. About 1/2" in diameter. Its mostly on the rocks. Do you have any idea what it might be?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're still looking for a toadstool I can cut a piece off mine for you.
I'm up in white Haven, but travel down to pen argyl and near reading usually every other week or so.

The toad stool is giant, see below
IMG_20181118_154055.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back