Decided to make my own food cubes..!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zeal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2018
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
1,699
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, went to my new LFS hung around for a bit and spoke to the owners and they were telling me how I can make my own cubes and what not with what I already own. SO I decided to give it a shot....! This is my first DIY so if there's anything I could improve on feel free to tell me. Ill be feeding it tomorrow morning so ill report my findings. But im sure itll go smooth:);Bookworm


Started with this Dr. G Brine and Mysis and RODS fish food (Didnt take a picture of it)
20180613_154736.jpg
20180613_154715.jpg 20180613_154725.jpg
View attachment 767903

I defrosted 4 of each cubes in RO/DI water I mixed it up a bit till its all mixed so each individual cube gets a bit of everything. I drained the water and picked the brine and mysis out with tweezers.
20180613_154745.jpg
20180613_161234.jpg
20180613_161237.jpg

I tried to evenly spread enough Reef-Roids into each cube.
20180613_154742.jpg

Here I started adding about 10 drops of Seachem Zooplankton and Phytoplankton and 2 drops of Garlic in each cube and 1 drop of the Aquaforest Fish V. For the Rods Fish Food I cut chunks into 4s and spread them out evenly
View attachment 767902

Here's the end product I finished topping off the cubes with alittle bit of RO/DI water and sprinkled a tiny bit of Reef-Roids just cause
View attachment 767905
View attachment 767904
;Snaphappy

Edit: Spelling Derp

20180613_154721.jpg


20180613_162711.jpg


20180613_163058.jpg


20180613_163101.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sorry pictures came out weird.. first time making a thread like this
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new