Deciding on CaRx Feed Pump

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been surfing on this forum to get recommendations for a Calcium Reactor Feed pump and the Ecotech Marine Versa goes for the win. As it's not available anywhere I'm looking for more opinions on what you're using. At this moment, I'm using an MRC CaRx with Sicce 0.5 as a feed pump. The problem with my Sicce 0.5 is that I can't get a constant effluent rate as it changes every day or so and I find myself constantly opening/closing the valve trying to control the drip.

I know that Kamoer Continuous Duty is out there but $300 is out of my budget and the newly launched x1 pro T doesn't seem to have a lot of reviews online.

How are you feeding your CaRx?? Any suggestion that doesn't break the bank??

OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just what I was looking for. Thank you. I think I am going to give it a try. Are you using it?

OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept trying with the Sicce 0.5 but I constantly had flow rate changes, so I decided to purchase the Kamoer continuous pump. Should be here by monday.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im over a decade on a maxijet 900, stable effluent on my GEO reactor. 20 bucks well spent

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use MaxiJets or Quietone 1200 (I think... the 300 GPH version). They last decently long and since I buy a handful of them, I have spares on the shelf to just swap out. I use some putty to fill the hole in the pump outlet with some fridge icemaker/RO line, wait overnight. I just swap the vloutes if a pump fails. These type of pumps are usually pretty reliable if you let them run all of the time.

Some reactors can feed themselves, so read well.

OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxijets are great pumps, but my issue with those ac pumps is that I can't find a steady effluent. The output will stay that way for 1 or 2 days then it will change...

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find a Masterflex on Ebay. Actually, I have one I can sell you. You just have to press start on it after a power outage. They are far better than anything the hobby offers. Rock solid and will outlast you calcium reactor!

I have three running, one on the CaRx, one on my Kalk Reactor, and one as a return pump for a nano tank on my desk (pumping up 3 floors). Never an issue with any of them, all running 24/7 for the last 3 years.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your effluent is not steady, then it is not the pump. MJ have been making steady effluent for decades for lots of people.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jda, I used to just run mine off my manifold. However, after moving and setting the tank back up there is not a manifold. I’m using a 100 gallon stock tank for my sump so I would need a pump to pump up about 2.5 feet to get over the edge of the stock tank. Ideally, the CaRx will be about 3.5 ft above the floor.

corey

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The maxijet perfect in my 100g stock tank. Ca reactor top water level 8 inched above sump water level

OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your effluent is not steady, then it is not the pump. MJ have been making steady effluent for decades for lots of people.

What could be? The valve I am using is the standard that comes with MRC CaRx. Something like the following pic. I can't think of anything else.

1633577112880.png

Anyway, I already purchased the Kamoer X1 Pro Stepper pump to replace the AC pump. Just finished installing it and UI was really easy. The pump had a really loud click when started operating and lasted for about 20-30 mins but now is dead silent at 30ml/min.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What could be?
Level of ca reactor compared to sump water level, you want top of reactor just a hair above sump level not below where a syphon could add pressure. I use a cheap plastic valve and once you get a hair over drops to a small trickle they never clog and effluent is stable. You could also try filling a cup, and time that, if your getting different times then something is funky. small containers and measuring and mistakes are normal.

OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you can see my reactor and my water level. The top of the reactor is way above the waterline. What else could be?

8A1FA840-6068-4FA0-B648-87FFF0FF688B.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back